About the Parish
Mary Mother of God (MMOG) is a vibrant parish serving over 4,000 registered parishioner families and about 1,300 regular mass attendees. The parish is located in the north of Oakville in a fast growing community and serves 4 elementary schools and 1 secondary school. The Youth Ministry program, founded in 2016, is run by a group of volunteers. We currently offer two youth programs, Aftermass for grades 8 - 12 which uses the Lifeteen programming and Conquest and Challenge for grades 5-8.
The parish recognized the need to invest in its young people and created a full-time Youth Minister position to build on these foundational elements and accelerate the growth of this important ministry.
About the Opportunity
As a member of MMOG’s ministry team the incumbent will be responsible for leading the Youth Ministry movement within our parish. Coordinating pre-teen and teen programing with the intent of energizing and engaging our youth population to live as Disciples of Christ faithfully living the life and mission of the Church.
Key to success of this role will be your ability to connect with our parish youth, developing strong relationships that will continue to grow their faith and participation in our parish life. You will successfully integrate a program for the youth that includes the programs currently established and incorporates the development of a volunteer support team, technology and social media campaign to further our outreach.
The profile of the successful candidate is one who possesses energy, enthusiasm and the ability to empower our parish youth. Coupled with your love and knowledge of the Catholic faith, you should also demonstrate an understanding of the particular needs of young people and be an example to them of an individual who lives a life modelled in the foundations of our Catholic Faith.
- ‣ Bachelor’s degree preferred
- ‣ Committed and practicing Catholic
- ‣ Must have a minimum of 2 years of related experience in a youth ministry environment
- ‣ Demonstrated leadership in building and maintaining a successful youth ministry program; particularly for grades 5 – 8 and for grades 9 – 12
- ‣ Highly organized, able to effectively balance multiple priorities and projects
- ‣ Collaborative, yet assertive, leadership style
- ‣ Ability to build new relationships and maintain existing relationships, with all key stakeholders including youth, volunteers, parish staff, clergy, teachers and parents
- ‣ Able to work independently, exercising good judgment
- ‣ Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- ‣ Excellent computer skills, particularly with MS Office and various social media platforms
- ‣ Demonstrated experience leading and managing social media campaigns to connect, engage and inform parish youth
- ‣ Demonstrated ability to engage, and be accessible to, students from grades 5 to 12
- ‣ Ability to be a high profile member of the parish, the face of Mary Mother of God to its youth
- ‣ Music ministry or skills an asset
- ‣ Certificate in youth ministry or theological training an asset